Friday, March 16, 2012

Bird on a Platform

I took this picture while I was at Circular Quay, in Sydney Australia. The bird had just happened to land on the port as I walked past. This picture was taken to show how nicely the bird blends in with the seawater and the post. The seagull is white with shades of grey, making it quite bland. Most people would choose a more vibrant background for this type of image, but for a change, I wanted to show the duller side of sea life, especially when sea gulls normally fly in groups, this one was a loner. As you can see, I tried using the rule of thirds in this picture, placing the post a third of the way in the picture and the making the height of the post just half way vertically of the picture. However, I have a gut feeling that something is wrong with the picture and I have not a clue what it is. Can somebody help?

Thanks

DC



No comments:

Post a Comment