Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Where Old meets New

As you can see in this photograph, taken while I was with my family in the city. I tried to create a contrast with the modern day and the past. I really like this photograph as it emphasizes how Sydney, Australia has developed over the short history of Australia itself. This adds just in time to the subject I am currently learning in Civics History, where the History of Australia is the focus of the course. Although in the modern era, where things are far more complicated than in the past, people have almost turned a blind eye towards architectural designs, especially exhibited in this photograph. As you can see, the detail of the ancient building is quite a marvel while in the background, you can see that the building built in the modern era is bland and quite boring to look at. Wasn't everything supposed to improve over time?

Please leave a comment.

Thank You

DC



No comments:

Post a Comment